While I am in the UK, I thought I would share with you one of my new favorite weekday meals. Yes, the title is a mouthful, but this light and easy salad is the perfect way to use up the last of your peaches and leftover chicken. Leave the orzo out and serve as a first course or leave the orzo for a satisfying but not weighed down main course……
Makes 4 servings
– 9 oz of triple washed spinach (one bag)
– 1 large ripe peach, cut into half wedged
– 2 cups roast chicken, shredded
– 1 half of a medium sweet or red onion, sliced thin
– ½ cup of Danish Feta, cubed
– 1 cup of cooked orzo
– Vinaigrette dressing
1. Cook 1 cup of orzo according to directions of package.
2. Divide spinach into four bowls and set aside.
3. In large bowl, combine chicken, feta, onions, and orzo. Top with vinaigrette* to taste and gently toss. Fold in peaches being sure not to bruise the fruit.
4. Scoop combined mixture on top of spinach, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
[recipe & food styling: courtney lake]