This time last week, I was preparing to leave to sunny Palm Springs for some R&R. Today, I am staring at a grey, wet day filled with a long overdue bathroom install at a client’s condo. So it’s not that illogical that I am dreaming about what cocktail I will be having tonight as The Partner and I catch up over our day. I thought in tribute to Palm Springs and to try to extend the warm vacation fuzzies as long as possible, I would whip up a batch of Strawberry Greyhounds, a twist on the traditional greyhound cocktail…..
STRAWBERRY GREYHOUND COCKTAIL
Makes 8 cocktails
- 2.5 cups fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 12 strawberries
- 1/2 cup vodka (vary to taste)
- simple syrup
1. Place whole strawberries in bottom of pitcher and muddle with wooden spoon.
2. Pour in vodka and grapefruit juice into pitcher and stir lightly.
3. Before serving, pour mixture into shaker with whole ice cubes and a splash of simple syrup. Shake vigorously until shaker is frosty. Pour into glass and serve with a strawberry slice.
Ahhhhhh…..I feel better already thinking about this. Now I just have to get through the day!