I am not a person bent on waxing poetic. I am not overly sentimental nor am I prone to getting all mushy when it comes to life events. However, I do believe that one should give proper accolades where do. So I wanted to say …….
On this final posting of the year, I need to give my thanks to several people who made my 2011 so amazing, memorable and wonderful…..
1) The CasaSugar Editors: Thank you Julia & Elka! You ladies took a chance on a completely unknown person who had an inkling that he wanted to do interior design. You have championed my designs for the last year and it has led to so many opportunities and doors being opened. I am forever grateful for your support and humbled by your kindness.
2) Centsational Girl: Kate you rock. You shared your platform with a complete unknown and gave me a voice to communicate with thousands of people. My monthly article on your blog, while at times challenging to write, pushed me to think like a designer and write like a journalist. I can’t wait to see what 2012 has to offer!
3) The Nate Berkus Show: Thank you to the producers of The Nate Berkus Show. Clearly I didn’t scare the hell out of you from my first appearance because you were crazy enough to invite me back again! I am officially checking off “being on television” on my bucket list. I doubt you will ever know what having me on the show did for my confidence – it gave me the shot I needed to keep trudging forward.
4) Meredith Heron: My feisty Canadian redhead design diva. Our banter on Twitter has made me laugh, given me food for thought and forced me to think through some tough decisions. I appreciate your candor and thank you for your honesty. Now let’s figure out how to meet in person in 2012!
5) Hi Sugarplum: Cassie – Hey Girlfriend! You have been one of my biggest supporters and cheerleaders. Thank you for your wit and your ability to crack a joke even when I feel low. You are my “divine blog sister”…. (TWSS)
6) The Partner: You have the patience of a saint to deal with my random ramblings. You have been supportive on so many levels. I could not have done this with you. You are my rock and I thank God every day that he blessed me with you.
7) YOU: I can’t say thank you without including you all! Each and every day you come to my little blog to read whatever random musing struck me that day. I can’t stress this enough that it is because of YOU that I have been blessed with so many opportunities. Thank you for reading, commenting, tweeting & emailing – it means the world to me that out of your busy day you choose to spend a few minutes with me.
I hope each of you have a fantastic New Year’s! I am going to be signing off for a few days to prepare for the new year and get my household in order. I will see you in 2012!